With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s tempting to get grab-and-go fast foods or pizza on those busy nights. These are foods that are packed with calories but short on nutrition. Instead, try these fast and simple meal ideas:
- Stock-up on Kashi all-natural Frozen Entrees. Serve with a side salad, followed by Dannon vanilla yogurt with frozen berries for dessert.
- Pick up a two whole Meijer rotisserie chickens.
- Serve one tonight with a Knorr rice or pasta side, steamed frozen green beans, and Meijer bakery bread or rolls.
- Use the second chicken tomorrow night. Add two tbls. Pompeian Olive oil to a large skillet, add chopped cooked chicken and heat over medium heat with two cans Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian tomatoes. Add about 3 cups cooked Barilla Pasta Plus, and finish by mixing in 1/2 cup shredded four-cheese Italian blend.
- Have breakfast for dinner. Kashi frozen waffles with warm Canadian Bacon makes a quick and satisfying meal. Add sliced bananas mixed with a tablespoon of sugar and 1 can (about 16 oz) drained Mandarin oranges to complete your meal.
Wed, December 3, 2008
by Chris Pritchard