Question: I am ecstatic about your Meijer Naturals line. However, I am confused as to what exactly “natural flavors” are on the ingredient list. I have an intolerance to MSG and have found that MSG may be labeled this way. Do your Meijer Naturals products have any form of MSG?
Answer: MSG would be listed individually on the label in the ingredient statement if the product contained MSG. If the ingredient list states "flavors" but not MSG, than the product does not contain MSG.
In general, the Meijer Natural Foods Guidelines are:
- Will be made with minimal processing
- No Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s)
- No high fructose corn syrup, refined sugars, or artificial sweeteners
- No hydrogenated oils
- No refined flours or milled grains
- No artificial food colorings
- No artificial food flavorings
- No artificial preservatives
Tue, January 19, 2010
by Janine Faber filed under