Try these delcious recipes!
Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli
1 package McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix or 1 package McCormick® 30% Less Sodium Brown Gravy Mix
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
1 Tbsp. Meijer canola oil
3/4 pound flank or boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
2 cups broccoli florets
1 8oz. pkg. fresh sliced mushrooms
2 Cups Cooked brown rice (or Asian noodles)
1. Mix Gravy Mix, water and pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stir in ginger, broccoli, mushrooms and gravy mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 302 Calories, 10g fat, 404mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 23g Protein.
Recipe source: McCormick.com
Crunchy Baked Fish
3 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
4 (4 oz.) Meijer tilapia fillets
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
Juice of half a lemon
Meijer cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cooking spray on 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
2. Place fillets in pan. Evenly sprinkle tops of fish with 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend. Squeeze lemon juice over fish.
3. Toss corn flake crumbs with remaining 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend. Carefully top the fillets with the corn flake crumbs.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is fork tender.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 150 Calories, 2g fat, 128mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrate, 0g Fiber, 23g Protein.
Recipe source: mrsdash.com
Italian Style Vegetable Soup
1/2 Box Barilla Plus Elbow Pasta
1 Jar Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce
2 Tbsp. Meijer Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped
1 Cup Celery, Chopped
1 Cup Carrot, Chopped
1 Clove Garlic
2 Cups Cabbage, Sliced Thin
1 Cup Zucchini, Chopped
1 Cup Peas
1/4 tsp. McCormick Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
Salt to taste
64 Ounces (2 boxes) Meijer Naturals Chicken Stock or reduced sodium chicken broth
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
15 oz. Can Cannellini Beans, Drained
1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped
1/2 Cup Meijer Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, Grated
1. SAUTÉ celery, carrots, onion and garlic with olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
2. ADD chopped garlic, sauté 2 minutes.
3. STIR in cabbage, zucchini, and green peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
4. ADD sauce and stock; bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. ADD Elbow pasta, broccoli, beans and cook for 9 minutes. Allow soup to rest for 10 minutes,
then stir in fresh herbs and cheese before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 189 Calories, 5g fat, 640mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrate, 5.5g Fiber, 11g Protein.
Recipe adapted from Barilla® barillaus.com
Lightened Up Pumpkin Pie
3/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 Tbsp. light molasses
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tsp. McCormick ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. McCormick Nutmeg
1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 1/4 cups nonfat evaporated milk
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
2 cups Meijer frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, molasses, salt, and cinnamon. When these ingredients are well mixed, stir in the egg whites followed by the pumpkin and evaporated milk. Pour into the pie crust.
3. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the pie comes out clean. Cool then top with whipped topping before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 220 Calories, 8g Fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 400mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrate (16g Sugar), 3g Fiber, 7g Protein. 2 Carbohydrate Exchanges.
Recipe adapted from www.splenda.tastebook.com
Tue, November 1, 2011
by Healthy Living Dietitians filed under