Broiled Honey–Lime Salmon
Makes: 4 servings
4 (3.5 ounce) Salmon Fillets (NuVal™ Score 82) –have the Meijer Seafood associate cut your fillets into 3.5 oz. portions
¼ tsp. garlic pepper
1 1/2 tbsp. Promise Buttery Spread
2 tbsp. Meijer Honey
1 tsp. lime zest
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice (included in price of lime zest) (NuVal™ Score 91)
1 Tbsp. less-sodium soy sauce
1. Preheat broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place fillets skin side down on baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with garlic pepper. Place baking sheet under broiler; broil 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for the glaze, in a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in honey, lime zest, lime juice and soy sauce; remove from heat and set aside.
3. Remove pan from oven. Brush or spoon glaze evenly on fillets. Return pan to oven; broil 4 to 7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven. Sprinkle fillets with cilantro (if desired), and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 261 Calories, 15g Fat, 70mg Cholesterol, 231mg Sodium, 9.5g Carbohydrate, 0g Fiber, 22g Protein.
Meijer Steamers frozen broccoli (NuVal™ Score 100)
Whole Grain Rice Blend (NuVal™ Score 82)
Spinach Stuffed Chicken & Rice
Makes 4 servings
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 (10 oz.) packages Meijer frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess moisture
1 (14 oz.) can Meijer diced tomatoes
1-1/2 cup Kraft shredded part skim mozzarella cheese with ¼ cup set aside
McCormick herbs of choice such as oregano, parsley, basil, thyme
2 cups of Meijer uncooked brown rice
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice each chicken breast open to create a pocket. Stuff each chicken breast evenly with spinach, diced tomatoes and 1-1/4 cups mozzarella cheese.
2. Use a toothpick to close the end of each stuffed pocket. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Use the remaining cheese to sprinkle on the top of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with herbs. Bake for approx. 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is done.
Serve over brown rice.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 461, Total fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 96mg, Sodium: 485mg, Carbohydrate: 45g, Fiber: 7g, Protein: 49g.
Serve with Dole® bag salad topped with olive oil vinaigrette.
Dole Chicken and Romaine Salad
8 ounces chicken breast tenders
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. Meijer olive oil
4 cups DOLE® Hearts of Romaine
6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/4 cup Kraft 2% milk shredded Cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
EZ Spicy BBQ Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
1/4 cup Meijer Naturals Veggie Snack Sticks (snack aisle)
EZ Spicy BBQ Ranch Dressing: Whisk together 1/4 cup prepared low fat spicy ranch dressing and 1 tablespoon prepared barbecue sauce until blended.
1. Season chicken tenders on both sides with garlic salt. Cook chicken in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
2. Divide romaine on 2 large plates. Arrange cooked chicken, tomatoes, cheese and green onions on top of each. Drizzle with EZ Spicy BBQ Ranch Dressing, to taste. Garnish with Meijer Veggie Snack sticks. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 363 Calories, 18g Fat, 64mg Cholesterol, 546mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrate, 6g Fiber, 31g Protein.
Recipe adapted from Dole.com
Strawberry Valentine Sundae
Makes 4 servings
1 angel food cake
¼ cup dark chocolate, grated
Vanilla fat free frozen yogurt
1. Place 1 cup sliced strawberries in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
2. Place 4 (1 oz.) slices of angel food cake on individual plates. Top each piece of angel food cake with 1/3 cup frozen yogurt.
3. Place pureed strawberries in a squeeze bottle and make a heart design on plate and drizzle over cake as desired. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon grated dark chocolate and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 193 calories, 3g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein
Sun, February 5, 2012
by Healthy Living Dietitians filed under