1 box Meijer Multigrain Extra Spaghetti- NuVal score 91
1 lb. lean ground turkey- NuVal score 33
1 onion, chopped- NuVal score 93
1 jar Classico Signature Vodka Pasta Sauce- NuVal score 29
1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
1 small container Meijer Low-fat Cottage Cheese- NuVal score 24
1 bag of Meijer Frozen California- Style Vegetables, thawed- NuVal score 100
1 cup Meijer Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese- NuVal score 23
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile brown ground turkey in a skillet with onion and seasoning until cooked through. Add vodka sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until pasta is done.
3. Drain pasta and mix with vodka and ground beef sauce. Stir in cottage cheese and vegetables.
4. Poor pasta mixture into 9x13- inch baking dish and top with cheddar cheese.
5. Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 215, Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 23 mg, Sodium 225 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g
Yoplait Yogurt Parfaits
Yoplait Light Yogurt with Strawberry Granola- NuVal score 35
1/2 tsp. McCormick Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp. fresh strawberries- NuVal score 100
1 tbsp. Meijer Chopped Walnuts- NuVal score 82
1. Mix yogurt with cinnamon and top with granola, strawberries, and walnuts. Serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 270, Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 129 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 7 g
Silky Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
1 banana- NuVal score 91
1 tbsp. Meijer Natural Peanut Butter- NuVal score 23
2-3 scoops Meijer Fat-Free No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream- NuVal score 91
1 ½ cups Silk Chocolate Soymilk- NuVal score 68
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 267, Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 9 mg, Sodium 165 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9 g
½ cup frozen, shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed- NuVal score 91
½ cup broccoli stems, peeled with a vegetable peeler- NuVal score 100
1 avocado, pitted and peeled- NuVal score 89
1 scallion, white and light-green parts, sliced- NuVal score 100
¼ cup red onion, diced- NuVal score 93
1 clove garlic, minced- NuVal score 91
½ jalapeno, seeded and minced- NuVal score 99
Juice of 1 lime- NuVal score 91
1 medium tomato, diced- NuVal score 96
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro- NuVal score 90
Meijer Sea salt
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Add the edamame, and simmer for 2 minutes or until soft.
2. Scoop the edamame out with a slotted spoon, and set aside to cool. Use the same boiling water to blanch the broccoli stems, about 5 minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor or blender, puree the edamame and broccoli stems together until smooth.
4. In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado, and gently stir in the edamame and broccoli puree.
5. Fold in the remaining ingredients, and season with salt. Serve with baked chips or veggie sticks.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 115, Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g
Quinoa Salad with Pistachios and Cherries (Gluten-Free)
For the Salad:
1 cup quinoa- NuVal score 91
1½ cups water
1/3 cup salted, de-shelled pistachio nuts
2 stalks celery, sliced- NuVal score 96
3 scallions, green tops removed, sliced- NuVal score 100
1/4 cup Meijer Dried Cherries- NuVal score 13
Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette:
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. Meijer Sea Salt
¼ tsp. Meijer Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp. Meijer Organics Dijon Mustard
¼ cup Meijer Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Toast the quinoa in a medium skillet over high heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until it lightly browns, starts to crackle, and smells a bit toasted, about 5 minutes.
2. Transfer to a pot, add the water, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook until the quinoa is soft but still has a little bite, about 15 minutes. The water should be completely absorbed.
3. Transfer the grain to a bowl and let it cool. Add the pistachio nuts, celery, scallions, and cherries and toss everything together.
4. For the Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette, add vinegar, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard into a small deep bowl. Slowly pour in the extra-virgin olive oil into the bowl, beating constantly with a fork.
5. Dress the salad with the Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette.
6. If not serving immediately, refrigerate the salad, but bring it to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 300, Fat 17 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 372 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7 g
Tue, May 1, 2012
by Healthy Living Dietitians filed under